PacificVAST (Visual Analytics Science & Technology) 2013
Visual Analytics is the science of analytical reasoning supported by interactive visual techniques, which requires interdisciplinary science integrating techniques from visualization and computer graphics, statistics and mathematics, data management and knowledge representation, data analysis and machine learning, cognitive and perceptual sciences.
PacificVAST 2013 will be held on Feb 26, 2013 in Sydney, as a workshop of the annual PacificVis 2013 Conference.
The main goal of the workshop is to promote visual analytics research in Asia-Pacific region for solving problems arising in a variety of application domains such as business, science, engineering, biology, medicine and security. In particular, special emphasis on �Big Data� will be addressed.
The PacificVAST2013 program will consist of a series of invited presentations.
Session I Chair
- 13:30 – 13:50 Thomas Ertl (University of Stuttgart, Germany)
- 13:50 – 14:10 Issei Fujishiro (Keio University, Japan)
- 14:10 – 14:30 Xiaoru Yuan (Peking University, China)
- 14:30 – 14:50 Quang Vinh Nguyen (University of Western Sydney, Australia)
Session II Chair
- 15:20 – 15:40 Seokhee Hong (University of Sydney, Australia)
- 15:40 – 16:00 Takayuki Itoh (Ozhanomizu University, Japan)
- 16:00 – 16:20 Se�n O’Donoghue (CSIRO, Australia)
- 16:20 – 16:40 Sheelagh Carpendale (University of Calgary)
- 16:40 – 17:00 Wei Chen (Zhejiang University, China)
- Feb 24th 2013. A PDF version of program is now available !
- Feb 24th 2013. Final Program is now available!
- Feb 24th 2013. The conference banquet is organized at Zilver Restaurant. Maps and details can be found from here.
- Feb 24th 2013. PacificVAST final program is available at here.
- Feb 24th 2013. The second keynote speaker is changed to Prof. Charles (Chuck) Hansen .
- Feb 8th 2013. Tutorial Program is now available!
- Feb 2nd 2013. Early bird registration is extended to February 5th (Midnight Sydney Time UTC+10).
- Jan 28th 2013. Copyright form – All authors are required to submit a copy right form for their papers to be published and presented before the conference.
- Dec 22nd 2012. Registration is now open.
- Dec 10th 2012. New Workshop/Tutorial day added at 26th February
|Paper submission||September 26, 2012, 11:59pm (PDT)|
|Paper notification||November 21, 2012|
|Camera ready papers due||December 7, 2012|
|Poster submission||December 17, 2012, 11:59pm (PDT)|
|Poster notification||January 8, 2013|
|Camera ready poster due||January 21, 2013|
|Symposium||February 27-March 1|